- Yesterday, Catalent Inc (NYSE:CTLT) announced to acquire Metrics Contract Services .
- Keybanc notes that the deal strengthens CTLT's oral delivery portfolio and targets rapidly growing biologic applications.
- Metrics produces highly active pharmaceutical ingredients that are very difficult to produce but very potent in small doses.
- "After recent acquisitions and capacity expansion on the cell and gene therapy front, this acquisition will continue to balance CTLT's portfolio, adding to its newly defined Pharmaceutical & Consumer Health segment, a ~$2.2 billion business that combined its legacy oral segments." Keybanc analyst wrote
- Some media outlets cited Catalent making a bid for Repligen Corporation (NYSE:RGEN), but Keybanc thinks it seems a stretch.
- The analyst says that a merger of equals seems unlikely with Catalent's $23 billion market cap and levered balance sheet compared to RGEN's $14 billion equity value.
- Price Action: CTLT shares closed at $109.94 on Friday.
Information, charts or examples are for illustration and educational purposes only and not for individualized investment management This message contains commercial elements, such as advertising. We only send these offers to those who have opted in to our newsletter. Past performance is not indicative of future results. For these reasons we strongly suggest trading in a DEMO/Simulated account. The information provided by us is for educational and informational purposes only. We make no representations or warranties concerning the products, practices or procedures of any company or entity mentioned or recommended and have not determined if the statements and opinions of the advertiser are accurate, correct or truthful. If you use, act upon or make decisions in reliance on information contained or any external source linked within it, you do so at your own peril and agree to hold us, our officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates and agents without fault.